Royal British Legion Industries are recruiting a part time, permanent Domiciliary Carer and Bank/adhoc positions. Located in the grounds of Preston Hall on the Royal British Legion Village, Queen Elizabeth Court is a 40 self contained flat , purpose built facility and has been successfully operating for over 13 years.
Part time permanent hours available & Bank
About The Role:
To provide domiciliary support to residents and relatives in their own flat. A policy of “promoting independence of residents need” to be adopted as much as practically possible to ensure residents stay active and independent. Work in a team environment.
• As part of the individual residents care plan and when required attend to the comfort and personal appearance and hygiene of residents at all times including assistance with dressing and undressing, eating and drinking, self-administration of medication, toileting, bathing, combing hair, assisting with dentures and hearing aids. Assist with ordering prescriptions and food vouchers.
• Prepare and cook food for residents in their flats. Prepare residents for meals. Provide assistance to residents with eating as required. Wash and tidy away crockery for residents. Prepare snacks for residents as detailed in care plan in their flat.
Under take a range of domestic task including:
•Vacuuming, cleaning and washing floors
• Cleaning baths, sinks, toilets, ovens windows (inside only).
• Removing cobwebs from ceilings and walls
• Clean and tidy residents flat keeping clothing and possessions in order and how they would wish their property to be cleaned and stored.
• Make beds and change bed linen. Dispose of soiled linen in accordance with procedures for safe transfer to washing machine.
• When required wash dry and iron residents linen and clothing in accordance with instruction labels. Put linen and clothing away tidily.
• Document all care given to Residents in accordance with CQC/RBLI requirements.
• Of high integrity
• A self motivated, resilient & tenacious self starter with strong team ethics
• Empathetic and approachable whilst ensuring that boundaries are maintained
• Flexible, reliable and responsive to change
• Good interpersonal skills
• Basic numeracy & literacy skills
• Demonstrates a basic understanding of the needs of the patient and the role of the Domiciliary Carer.
• Proven customer care / carer experience
• Must be over 18
• The job is a physical one and often requires manual handling, so a good level of fitness is required
• Hold NVQ Level 2 Care Award is an advantage
• Experience of caring, or able to demonstrate knowledge of what domiciliary carers do, ideally in a residential/nursing home or sheltered housing environment.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace, to hold the Care Certificate or willing to complete this within the probation period.
RBLI offer 20 days holiday per annum pro rata, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan, Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above roles, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
RBLI is committed to Safeguarding and as such will require all successful candidates to undergo enhanced DBS and reference checks.
RBLI is an equal opportunities employer
3 days ago
DC - QEC
This position is being advertised by a direct employer.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details