If you are an AutoCAD Technician wanting to make a difference at one of Europe's
busiest transport hubs then please read on.
We are a business underpinned by our engineering infrastructure and you can now be
part of our team to develop our broad and complex range of engineering infrastructure.
We have millions of passengers, cars and trucks, passing through on cross-Channel ferries each year.
We have an award-winning cruise port, one of the busiest in the UK, hosting some of the world’s most prestigious cruise lines and a growing cargo business.
This is truly an exciting time to be part of our growing organisation.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an AutoCAD Technician to join our Asset Management team. The post holder will be responsible for the daily management of all drafting services to the Port of Dover. This includes the administration and production of all AutoCAD services in relation to our infrastructure projects to include (but not limited to): Ferry Berths, Arial Roadways, Paving and Building & Terminals.
You will be required to:
- Have and maintain technical knowledge in relation to AutoCAD and provide technical advise in respect of this knowledge to others within the organisation
- Be responsible for maintaining the Boards AutoCAD installations including all customisations and user specific preferences i.e CUI’s, Tool Palettes, Block libraries and all other software specific setting and requirements
- Produce system training manuals in relation to the role and wider departmental objectives
- Assist the Head of Department in the creation of a self-serving drawing database and be responsible for ensuring that the organisations drawings are made available
- Be responsible for checking (quality and compliance), recording and filing of all internally and externally produced record drawings. This includes ensuring all drawings and filled correctly and to make periodic checks of compliance to the Board’s policies in relation to document management
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 x GCSE’s (or equivalent) grades A-C to include Maths and English
- Formal qualification or experience of working in a construction related discipline i.e Civil Engineering
- At least 3 years proven AutoCAD experience in a construction or similar related environment
- Have an understanding of the features of a drawing management database
- Demonstrable knowledge of construction terminology and technical drafting
- Current PLG (car) licence and own vehicle
- Salary £30k DOE
- 25 days holiday
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
3 days ago
This position is being advertised by a direct employer.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details