A highly regarded leading global provider of flow control technology, application expertise and support services to a diverse customer base through a family of trusted brands.
To apply theories and principles to both simple and complex work including the design, product characteristics and documentation necessary to produce the product in quantity. Works with Marketing to ensure the best possible commercialisation of the product. Works with Manufacturing to ensure smooth transition from prototype to production.
General duties to include:
• Evaluate existing products for re-design based on issues raised by customers, vendors or internal team.
• Collect data on products through reports, testing and customer information.
• Utilise computer aided engineering, analytical, and sophisticated instrumentation technology to assist in the development of company products.
• Coordinate activities surrounding line or range of products, following product from design through production.
• Develop project timelines and product cost comparisons, select materials, commercial parts and technical data.
• Design new and/or re-design existing product line. Produce designs, complex layouts, assemblies, detail parts drawings and generate associated bills of material.
• Conduct product testing and follow up appropriately in correcting errors.
• Potential to be involved in patent applications for new or existing products.
• Follow ISO and other global quality standards/guidelines as required regarding design and production of new/revised products.
• Assist manufacturing and quality departments in correcting any problems encountered in the machine shop or on the assembly floor.
Key Skills and Experience:
• 2 years’ experience with engineering of industrial products.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (ME and/or EE) or equivalent international degrees.
• Excellent communication skills necessary (both written and verbal).
• Computer literacy
• High degree of self-organisation and deadline adherence
• Fluid transfer equipment experience
• Field engineering experience
• SAP or other ERP systems experience
• Computer aided drafting experience (Autodesk AutoCAD & Inventor a plus)
• Project management experience
Only suitable candidates will be directly contacted about this position and we will not store or process the data of candidates in any way unless consent has been obtained.
3 days ago
This position is being advertised by a recruitment agency.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details