Integrated Service Solutions Ltd (ISS) is an innovative service provider operating primarily within the Fresh Produce sector in the UK. As a joint venture, we operate independently, but also draw on the expertise and network of our shareholders -DPS Ltd and Fowler Welch.
Since inception in 2014, ISS has experienced phenomenal growth. With annual revenues in excess of £30 million, and having established a strong market position, we now employ over 350 people at our 120,000 sq.ft site in Teynham.
At our core are trust, transparency and responsibility. This conduct, recognised by all our stakeholders, has enabled us to grow and develop strong relationships with our in-house teams, customers and suppliers.
Using an agile approach, and taking responsibility for our activities, we provide a first-class service that enables both ISS, and our customers, to be successful and sustainable.
As a service provider, ISS operates within a diverse and dynamic environment and has ambitious plans for the future. To achieve our strategic objectives, we will continue to invest in technology and infrastructure, and will develop our teams to reach their full potential.
Job Title: Line Operative
Reports To: Key Operative/ Team Leader
Pack products on behalf of our customers across a variety of production lines while checking for any quality defects and working to line speed targets.
Work to set standards in order to deliver targets and assist Key Operative with minimising downtime by remaining focused and making full use of any downtime to assist with other tasks or packing on other lines.
Actively seek and recommend continuous improvements, minimise downtime and maximise line performance without compromising on quality.
• Ensure finished product meets customer quality expectations and products are packed on time
• Ensure machines are kept in good working order, reporting any issues to the Team Leader or Engineering Team
• Maintain and drive quality standards with a ‘right first time’ attitude/mentality
• Maintain a good working relationship with quality control personnel
• Ensure compliance with all PPE and other technical standards
Health and Safety and Hygiene
• Maintain CAYG (clean as you go) standards and ensure adherence to other internal hygiene policies/standards
• Ensure health and safety standards are adhered to and all near misses, accidents and hazards are reported in a timely fashion and hazards/near misses are corrected and any unsafe behaviour addressed accordingly
• Contribute to efficiency and smooth running of team
• Assist with training new team members
This list is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the position as required
Qualifications and Skills:
• Excellent written and spoken English skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to do repetitive work
• Be flexible, thorough and show attention to detail
• Ability to follow instructions
• Ability to work under pressure, to strict deadlines
• Be organised and methodical in your approach to work
• Ability to carry out the full range of duties on the job description including job context/working environment.
Measure of Performance/Key Deliverables:
Efficiency of workload
Accuracy of work
Attention to detail
Internal relationships with team members
Team motivation and morale
Line Hygiene Standards
Operational Efficiency of Site – achievement of KPI’s
Quality Service Level
We will be holding open days so candidates would need to be able to attend one of the below which they would be invited to.
Day hourly rate - £8.21 p/h
Night hourly rate - £8.71 p/h
Shift pattern will be 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am on a rolling four on four off rota.
28th October 9:30am -12:30pm
31st October 12:30pm-15:30pm
1st November 9:30am-12:00pm
4th November 12:30-15:30pm
For more information please see our website www.issproduce.co.uk
To apply please click the apply online button
14 days ago
This position is being advertised by a direct employer.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details