Reporting to the Purchasing Manager the role will involve negotiating and co-ordinating the timely and cost effective supply of all materials, sub assemblies and support services, to the point of need, thereby ensuring that company cost and performance targets are achieved. The job will involve close liaison and active contribution with Planning, Sales and Manufacturing disciplines (team approach).
• A good standard of secondary education preferably to A level. (CIPS membership an advantage).
• Thorough understanding of computerised manufacturing systems (ERP, MPS).
• Modern supply methods including JIT and KANBAN.
• At least 6 months experience in a similar role (Electronics experience an advantage).
• Ability to communicate at all levels.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Computer literate including Word, Excel, PDF Writer.
• Cost reduction techniques.
• Component recognition skills.
• Develop long term supply relationships with key vendors employing Supply Chain Management techniques to ensure the timely and cost effective supply of all materials.
• In considering new sources for a product or services, preference should be given to sources that hold ISO9001 and ISO14001 (or equivalent). These awards demonstrate a responsible business attitude to quality and environmental Issues.
• Work closely with Sales and Engineering on new development projects, contributing cost effective solutions and competent sources of supply for the given requirement.
• Ensure that deliveries are consolidated where appropriate to maximise use of each delivery vehicle.
• Negotiating cost and lead time reductions on bespoke and proprietary components.
• Ensure that vendors of critical parts understand they are required to provide 100% on time delivery performance and will be measured as such.
• Completion of daily MRP output.
• Develop new possibilities/opportunities for BUFFER/KANBAN replenishment system.
• Assist Purchasing Manager in ensuring departmental objectives are met.
Electronics experience is desirable this role, and whilst Buying experience would be ideal, we will look at candidates with less experience in this sector as long as they have good knowledge of Electronics Components.
The salary will pay up to £28K depending on relevant experience.
(Ash Employment Services Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity).
19 days ago
This position is being advertised by a recruitment agency.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details