W.E Roberts is offering the exciting opportunity for a self-employed HGV1 Driver to join our leading corrugated cardboard manufacturing firm based in Northfleet, on an ad hoc and flexible basis, based on successful candidate being self-employed and submitting invoices for work.
This is a permanent vacancy, which will involve driving across the 3 classes of HGV vehicle, across 2 WER owned companies. Covering holidays/absence and evening deliveries, usually with 1 shift per week as minimum. The right candidate will be a hardworking, dedicated and reliable individual who is flexible and willing to learn and take on new skills.
Due to the nature of the role you must have at least 2 years HGV Class 1 experience.
Duties for the role will include delivering palletised cardboard goods in Class 1, class 2 and 7.5TON vehicles - mainly in the South East. This will include multi-drops (typically 1-6 addresses per load) & multi-loads (typically 1 or 2 loads per day)
Key Requirements for the role:
• You must have a relevant HGV Class 1 license, digital tacho card and CPC qualification
• Good communication skills and the ability to communicate with clients at all levels
• Good attention to detail especially in terms of paperwork
• Ability to work safely and efficiently, observing all Health and Safety Requirements
• Ensuring that all deliveries are completed within the required time limits where possible, without compromising on Customer Service or safety.
• Ensuring that all safety/maintenance checks are carried out, reporting all faults as well as keeping vehicles clean and tidy.
• Excellent communication skills – advise of any problems/delays/traffic problems/load issues.
• Occasional weekend work a must – this will be requested on an ad hoc basis.
• Evening work, at least one delivery per week, will be required when you are not requested to work daytime shifts that week.
• Positive “can do” attitude
• Efficient and experienced in route planning. Excellent geographical knowledge and ability to navigate efficiently from one drop to another (drop order planned for you in advance)
• A sense of urgency without compromising on Health and safety or other legal responsibilities.
3 days ago
This position is being advertised by a direct employer.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details