I am currently looking for a part time financial controller to join an exciting SME business based in south Kent. This business is a well-known manufacturer and retailer, with a great reputation and an interesting story behind them.
The role will be responsible for:
- Overseeing all company accounts
- Managing cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Supervising and managing financial department staff and financial assistants
- Motivating and leading finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establishing and implementing financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Ensuring absolute compliance with any external reporting deadlines
- Collaborating with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Developing budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Reviewing all financial plans regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examining all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Creating systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Reporting to the Directors with timely and accurate financial information
- Identifying external funding opportunities and liasing with stakeholders
The ideal candidate will have experience within manufacturing, retail and ecommerce. They are looking for a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) and the role will be part time at 2-3 days a week. The role does come with excellent benefits as well and would be a great position for someone who has previously managed a team and has worked with an entrepreneurial owner.
Farrer Barnes Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Farrer Barnes Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
24 days ago
This position is being advertised by a recruitment agency.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details