This is a full time contract up to 12 months covering a period of maternity leave.
Main purpose of job:
To support the Director of Strategic Development on a £22 million fundraising campaign. Provide RBLI with analytical research and information on supporters and future stakeholders including individuals, companies, trusts and foundations. The role involves research and analysis of biographical, financial, corporate and philanthropic information from a wide variety of sources, Make recommendations about how, when and what to approach about, which will be most relevant or attractive to the stakeholder as well as management of RBLI database.
The post holder will be responsible for helping to build a vibrant network and a community of engaged supporters for RBLI. The objective is to identify, research and evaluate a variety of information sources which will result in mutually beneficial relationships that will increase the number of fully engaged, life-long supporters and stakeholders to RBLI who are both willing and able to help with the advancement of strategic priorities.
To provide administrative support in the delivery of assignments and initiatives.
Create meeting(s) timelines, prepare and distribute meeting notification, correspondence, agenda and materials, as well as subsequent updates or changes in a timely and accurate manner.
Prepare and co-ordinate communications for all Development Board events in a timely and accurate manner.
Act as an ambassador for the organisation in all internal and external activities at all times.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills, with a flexible and methodical approach to work, an eye for detail, a capacity for analysis, and the ability to work effectively on your own initiative and as a member of a team, often operating under pressure
You must have proven research and report writing skills, excellent IT skills including experience of online searching, with demonstrable relevant experience, ideally in a fundraising organisation. Experience of fundraising databases and online press and company databases is essential.
• To support the Director of Strategic Development on a £22 million fundraising campaign to build new facilities.
• To identify, research and prepare research profiles on national and international High Net Worth Individuals, Trusts and Foundations, Corporates and other potential major gift funders who have the potential to make a wide range of donations to RBLI
• Evaluate and rate key prospects in the UK and overseas that can support the aims and goals of RBLI
• Make recommendations about how, when and what to approach about, which will be most relevant or attractive to the stakeholder
• To write creative proposals/approach letters for funding, in line with the organisations strategic aims to support the fundraising capital campaigns
• Develop our knowledge of key stakeholders through producing detailed research profiles in order to meet strategic needs and in line with the Data Protection Act.
• Proactively enhance the information we hold on our CRM system
• Develop prospect timelines and identify key strategies for commencing engagement Oversee data population and maintenance in order to build specialist knowledge of prospects
• Ongoing analysis of all available information and delivery of evidence-based recommendations to increase efficacy of marketing and communications activities through more accurate targeting and personalisation of content.
• Monitor progress with stakeholders providing analysed information in order to support the fundraising team to develop relationships
• Organise and prepare meeting agendas, arrange meetings/tours with key individuals, corps and trusts and foundations and prepare follow up notes
• Prepare detailed briefs for key events of attendees
• Organise and prepare all papers for the Development Board members
• To work closely with the finance department to ensure all grants are correctly used and conditions met
• Prepare financial reports, timelines and budgets
• Manage the day-to-day administration of the team
• Dynamic personality, you will have bags of initiative so you will bring creative ideas and novel approaches and be great at ‘opportunity spotting’.
• You will have a passion for detail, ‘right first time’, strong attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to thrive in an environment that works to deadlines
• Commercial awareness and acumen
• Can do attitude and willing to participate in all tasks
• A strong team player is required, however as the duties will be varied and challenging, you must also be self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work independently on own initiative without undermining the team dynamics.
• A willingness and positive attitude towards flexibility and adaptability in work, including travel to other delivery sites when appropriate
• A proactive problem solver capable of demonstrating sound judgement and initiative.
• The ability and willingness to attend events outside normal working hours when occasionally required.
Skills & Qualifications Required:
• A goal-oriented, strategic adviser with a strong track record of driving evidence-based decision making through business intelligence gathering/data analysis, preferably within a marketing, fundraising customer relations or membership environment.
• Knowledge and experience of prospect research and handling confidential information. CRM System experience, ideally
• A strong project manager with sound organisational skills, the ability to prioritise effectively and deliver to tight deadlines
• Experience of working within a complex organisation with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
• Experience of setting up policies and procedures
• A good working knowledge of social media platforms (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Fully IT literate including Microsoft Office (specifically Outlook/ Word/Excel and Powerpoint)
• High attention to detail.
• Have a high degree of accuracy and speed.
• Willingness to adapt to new challenges and find solutions to problems
• Good analytical and quantitative skills.
• Ability to take in and process large amounts of information
• Ability to use own initiative to make informed judgements with limited supervision and guidance.
• Highly effective organisational and time management skills.
• Ability to manage senior relations and conflicting interests
• A strong team player as duties will be varied and challenging. You must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work independently on own initiative with the ability to effectively organise your own workload and to high standards.
• Capable of working under pressure and delivering to deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written with ability to work with a wide range of people
• A willingness and positive ‘can do’ attitude towards flexibility and adaptability in work
• Tactful and diplomatic
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive material and to act with discretion at all times
• Event management experience
RBLI offer 25 days holiday per annum pro rata, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to [email protected]. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
4 days ago
This position is being advertised by a direct employer.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details