The Home has vacancies for Domestics, who\'s main duties and responsibilities will include maintaining all areas of the home, except the kitchen and laundry, in a clean, tidy and presentable condition, at all times, and working within a team that promotes the wellbeing and respects the dignity of individual residents.
Pay: £8.21 per hour
The ideal Domestic will demonstrate
o A caring and compassionate approach
o Patience and understanding of older people
o Knowledge of or a willingness to be trained in the correct procedures for carrying out all of their duties including use of equipment
o Awareness of cultural needs of individuals
o Current knowledge of HandS legislation and application of HandS practices with particular regard to cleaning equipment
o Knowledge and understanding of COSHH regulations
o Good communication skills with different groups, e.g. staff, residents, local community
o Understanding of different values / cultures of residents and staff
o Team working skills
o Good timekeeping skills
The ideal Domestic will have the ability to:
o Play an active role in creating a good environment
o Prioritise their work
o Be aware of the support needed by others, consider how they can support them and encourage and support them
o Train for and take on additional responsibilities
o Listen carefully and attentively
o Respect the dignity and privacy of all those they come into contact with
o Apply their knowledge and training in the workplace
o Report any significant findings or exceptions to their line manager
o Uphold the policies and procedures of The Organisation
Rapport Housing and Care offers Supported, Residential and Nursing Care to older people with physical frailty and Dementia across Kent.
We want everyone who meets us, no matter in what context, to experience our friendly, caring, compassionate philosophy, which runs through our whole organisation. We are a leading housing and care provider in the south-east, flexible and responsive to the needs of people in later life.
· Compassion: behaving in a manner that treats people with respect and dignity, listening to what they say and responding;
· Openness: Offering high quality services that are adaptable, flexible and that meet the changing needs of service users in a manner that offers genuine choice;
· Integrity: acting at all times in an honest and straightforward way with all those with whom we come into contact;
· People focussed: reflecting the ethos inherent in the organisations philosophy.
Benefits of working for us include:
· We pay the Adult National Living Wage to all of our employees, regardless of their age
· 28 days paid holiday (pro-rota if part time)
· Comprehensive Induction and Training Packages Continual professional development
· Opportunities to apply for our Academy and National Diploma courses
· Stakeholder Pension Scheme Opportunities to progress.
Confirmation of all appointments is subject to proof of Eligibility to Work in the UK, satisfactory Enhanced DBS clearance, satisfactory references, satisfactory numeracy and literacy assessments and medical clearance.
If you have any questions about the role or about Rapport Housing and Care, please feel free to contact the Home Manager on 01227 769774.
Otherwise and to apply, please click on the apply now button and complete the online form.
Rapport Housing and Care is committed to delivering compassion and companionship as well as care and we are proud of our reputation and profile as one of the major care providers in Kent.
Rapport Housing and Care values the diversity that exists in all our communities and works towards this being reflected in our workforce.
Charity No: 254140
PLEASE NOTE: applications that do not include full education and work histories (with gaps between jobs explained) may not be considered.
3 days ago
This position is being advertised by a direct employer.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details