Agronomy Support Technician
Our client is an industry leader in the supply of fresh produce to a large number of supermarket chains and other outlets. They are currently seeking an opportunity to recruit an Agronomy Support Technician to be home based but possess a full driving license (business car provided) to attend several farm sites.
A hands-on role, this is a great job opportunity for the right candidate seeking to develop a career in commercial horticulture;
• Placing monitoring traps on farms and servicing these traps at agreed intervals
• Identifying, recording and reporting trap catches
• Carrying out sampling work for a range of invertebrate pests
• Carrying out sampling work for our developing disease monitoring programme
• Carrying out sampling and monitoring work for our crop development and physiology programme
• Reporting findings to appointed personnel and growers in a time sensitive manner
• Ensuring that all the necessary materials are available, and carried as stock in order to complete these tasks
• Undertake trials and development tasks as required
• A strong appreciation of the business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
• An interest in biology and the ability to quickly learn pest identification and lifecycles following appropriate training
• Excellent attention to detail
• A hands-on approach to monitoring and a reasonable level of physical fitness
• A capacity for working alone, under your own initiative and at remote locations
• Well-developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate, and develop relationships with a wide range of personnel
• A proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
• Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required, especially during the height of the season!
• Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel
• A full driving licence and confidence with distance driving to reach some farms
Interpersonnel are operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. Our all current vacancies are on our website www.interpersonneluk.co.uk/vacancies
18 days ago
This position is being advertised by a recruitment agency.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details