Job Title: Part-time support worker
Reporting to: Scheme Manager
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week (flexible working hours)
Place of Work: Margate
We are looking for an individual looking to make a difference in their local community. This exciting role will involve the caretaking of a building assisting local homeless households, to ensure a safe and secure dwelling and providing light support to residents. You will uphold a visible presence in and around the building, respond to the welfare of residents, while being alert to any health and safety issues.
Duties will include:
• Proving light support to clients and signposting
• Inspections, security and welfare checks
• Maintaining cleanliness of the communal areas
• Signing tenants in and out of rooms at the start and end of their stay
• Reporting repairs, security breaches and safeguarding issues relating to residents
• Dealing with any other management issues that may arise
• A caring and compassionate approach
• Ability to work with vulnerable adults with complex needs
• Housing (or similar) experience
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries
• Good timekeeping skills
• The ability to think on your feet
• Computer Literate
• An understanding of confidentiality and data protection requirements
Experience would be an advantage but not essential as training will be given.
You must be an excellent communicator, have good customer service skills and have a friendly and helpful approach.
You may be expected to stay at the accommodation some evenings.
All equipment and clothing are provided. You must pass a DBS check and be a UK citizen or free to work in the UK. Evidence of this will be requested.
Please send your CV to the email provided to be considered : [email protected]
18 hours ago
This position is being advertised by a direct employer.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details