Third-Line Service Desk Engineer
Due to continued success, our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced 3rd Line Service Desk to join their Service Delivery team. Founded six years ago, our client has grown from strength-to-strength as a Managed Service Provider. They take pride in having an employee-centric environment and are strong believers in developing the skills, knowledge and resource of their small workforce.
As a Senior Engineer you will be responsible for providing both onsite and remote technical support for the client base. You will be responsible for managing onsite technical matters with client IT systems and ensuring SLAs are met. When not providing onsite support, you will carry out the duties of a 3rd-Line Service Desk Engineer, acting as an escalation point for 1st and 2nd-Line Service Desk Engineers. The role will involve fault diagnosis and resolution, providing onsite, remote and telephone support for client infrastructure and end-users.
Our client’s ideal candidate will be an experienced Technical Support Engineer from a Managed Service Provider background. You will be a motivated, natural problem solver with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A passion for IT and providing outstanding customer service is essential.
· Provide onsite and remote technical support to an extensive client base.
· To install and maintain IT and communications systems in line with specifications, to ensure client requirements and deadlines are met, and that systems are fully secure.
· Assist in providing diagnosis and resolution of issue tickets, maintaining a high level of 1st time fixes.
· To act as an escalation point for 1st and 2nd Line Service Desk Engineers by offering support and technical assistance, to aid in the resolution of client queries.
· Respond appropriately to technical issues raised, through resolution or escalation.
· Prioritisation and management of workload to ensure contractual SLAs are met, whilst leading and guiding junior engineers to do the same.
· Self-manage projects from scoping, design and implementation through to sign off
· Log all service tickets received via telephone, email and service portal and handle accordingly throughout the stages of the ticket.
· To maintain the appropriate client site documentation for each designated client.
· Provide efficient customer service to a vast client base.
· Work in accordance with company values, policies, procedures and standards.
Essential Skills and Experience
You will be extremely comfortable in your technical knowledge and abilities, plus relish the responsibility of being the last line of escalation for other engineers.
· Previous experience providing technical support for a Managed Service Provider (5 years preferable or at least in an IT Support Role)
· Excellent problem-solving and customer service skills.
· Good understanding of a service management environment (ITIL)
· A team player prepared to work at all levels
· A well-presented customer focused individual with strong communication skills
· Experience with key technologies, such as:
o Windows Server 2003 - 2016 incl. Core (MCSE Preferred)
o Comfortable with PowerShell
o Exchange Administration and Migration (2003-2016 / Exchange Online)
o SQL Server build plus job creation / permissions / monitoring / troubleshooting
o Windows Desktop XP - Windows 10 (incl. Client deployment)
o Virtual Desktop Infrastructure/ VDI
o Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, RRAS and Microsoft Exchange
o Third Party / Domain SSL Certificate Management
o Virtualisation (Hyper-V / VMWare)
o SAN / NAS Storage
o OSx Operating systems
o Office 365 and Azure/AWS Administration
§ Familiarity with SharePoint, Teams
o Remote Working (RRAS, VPN, RDS)
o Networking technologies including LAN/WAN (CCNA/CCNP Level Preferred)
§ Including ASA5500X firewalls
o Backup technologies (Veeam primarily)
o Webroot and Sophos Security products
§ (Sophos email filtering, InterceptX, XG Firewalls)
o 3CX VoIP systems (install, configure and maintain)
o Visual Files (Legal) knowledge would be a distinct advantage
· A full driving license is essential.
The hours of work are 37.5 per week. This is based on a rota, shifts falling between 08:00-18:00, Monday-Friday, plus in addition cover one Weekend day a month as standby (rarely utilised but need to have access to a laptop in case). Applicants must be flexible to work additional hours to fulfil the requirements of the job role.
1 day ago
This position is being advertised by a recruitment agency.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details