Rochester, Kent - Show Location
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Full-Time / Permanent
£30,000 - £35,000 DOE
Monday to Friday - Full Time
Our long standing, successful client based in Medway are currently seeking a Purchasing Manager to join their thriving and inclusive team on a full time and permanent basis.
Ideally you will have some experience of working within a purchasing team along with some previous knowledge of using a processing system. You will have good MS office skills and have previous experience Purchasing or Buying.
Duties for the Purchasing Manager include:
* To assist all areas of the business with any purchasing requirements
* Communication with suppliers and ensure that lead times are met
* Accountability for day to day purchasing activities ensuring that customer needs are delivered to agreed budgets, quality expectations and SLAs
* Implementing and managing optimum inventory levels to ensure product availability whilst minimising obsolescence and driving inventory and cost reduction
* Liaising with all stakeholders to ensure that the agreed commercial and delivery terms for goods are met and reviewed, and quality standards are adhered to
* Achieving best value for money on all procurement goods, works and services, and reducing the cost of procurement processes and ensuring continuous improvement
* Maintaining the internal database with updated prices and products as necessary
* Create purchase and works orders and send to suppliers
* Work alongside internal departments, assisting with any travel booking and other requirements
* Manage all personnel files, ensuring the most current and up to date information is on file
The ideal candidate will:
* Excellent written and spoken English
* Be proactive and flexible with a positive attitude
* Strong attention to detail
* Have strong IT skills including Excel
* Be a great team player with a friendly and polite personality
* Be able to meet tight deadlines
* Be able to use your initiative and make logical decisions
* Be keen to learn and eager to take on new tasks
* Have good time management skills
This is a great opportunity to work within state-of-the-art premises and develop your career in Purchasing within an inclusive, collaborative environment, so if you feel you have the required skills and experience then please apply today with your most up to date CV!
This vacancy is being handled by Christina Pithouse, Recruitment Consultant at Pearson Whiffin Recruitment.
Not quite the right role but still looking?
Whether you are entry or Executive level, our team of experienced Recruitment specialists can help you with your career. We are Kent's leading independent consultancy and pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional service to both candidates and clients.
Find us on Facebook @PearsonWhiffinRecruitment and Instagram @PearsonWhiffinRecruitment.
By working with us, you will be helping support charities across Kent; we have raised over £50,000 so far!
18 days ago
This position is being advertised by a recruitment agency.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details